Supreme Court rejects fourth electoral protest by the ruling PiS party

The Supreme Court rejected bid by PiS for a Senate vote recount in constituency number 100 (Koszalin) (video from October 30)
Poland's top court rejects one of ruling PiS party's bids for vote recount
Źródło: TVN24 News in English

Poland's Supreme Court will not consider one further demand from ruling nationalists Law and Justice (PiS) for vote recounts in some districts after a tight Senate election, a spokesman said on Wednesday.

WATCH THE FULL EDITION OF TVN24'S NEWS IN ENGLISH AT TVN24 GO

"The Supreme Court decided on Wednesday to leave bid by PiS to recount votes in Koszalin constituency without further consideration" - informed the spokesman for the top court, judge Michał Laskowski.

Stanisław Gawłowski from Civic Platform won the Senate ticket in the said constituency.

Laskowski added that the protest had been rejected due to a lack of law violation charges.

The court has so far announced that it will not consider four of the six protests raised by PiS after the October 13 election in which it lost control of the upper house of parliament, the Senate, to the opposition.

The remaining two requests for a vote recount submitted by the ruling Law and Justice party are scheduled to be examined by the Supreme Court on Tuesday, November 12.

Autor: gf / Źródło: TVN24 News in English, Reuters, PAP

See also: