Military to quell protests? Gov't spokesman: there was no such proposal, this information is false
All services which launch disinformation campaigns hope for such mixing of facts with the truth - the government spokesman Piotr Mueller said on Wednesday. Asked about the alleged plans to use army to quell last year's protests, he replied: "There was no such proposal, this information is false".
On Tuesday evening, on Russian messenger service Telegram, appeared contents of an alleged email sent on the 27th of October 2020 at 21:32 from Michał Dworczyk's private email account. Among the addressees were Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, the chief of PM's political cabinet Krzysztof Kubów and the government spokesperson Piotr Mueller.
Dworczyk is said to have written in the email that "sending army would be a PR loss and suggest that the government sees protesters as a threat". During that time a wave of protests against the Constitutional Tribunal's ruling on abortion swept through Poland.
The spokesman for the government Piotr Mueller was asked on Wednesday about the idea of using army during last year's protests.
"There was no such proposal, this information is false" - he told reporters.
Asked if this email was real, he refused answer. "I've been stressing from the beginning that we won't be commenting on every single piece of information. All services which launch disinformation campaigns hope for such mixing of facts with the truth" - he explained.
He added that due to the gravity of the situation, he would answer some questions "in such a way as to prevent the said services from such actions, namely stirring social conflicts".
Earlier that day a classified session of the Sejm was held on Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki's request, at which information regarding cyberattacks on Poland was presented. The session also pertained to the hacker attack on PM's office chief Michał Dworczyk's email.
After the Sejm session, Piotr Mueller met with reporters. He reassured that as to the cyberattacks "organised action has been taken". "Proper services are focused on identifying, and have already identified some of the authors of these operations" - he said.
"Very soon we will experience a wide-ranging disinformation campaign, that will mix true information with information completely untrue. Even as we speak some media receive crafted information regarding certain politicians which is untrue, manipulated and made-up" - the spokesman said.
He also warned that, in the coming weeks or even longer, the whole political class would be "a target of an unprecedented disinformation attack".
Źródło: TVN24 News in English, TVN24
Źródło zdjęcia głównego: TVN24