TVN24 | TVN24 News in English

Firefighters help a stork which fell into a tall chimney

TVN24 | TVN24 News in English

Autor:
gf
Źródło:
TVN24 News in English, TVN24 Wrocław
Firemen from Marcinowice rescue a stork in trouble
Marcinowice Fire StationFiremen from Marcinowice rescue a stork in trouble

A stork landed on top of a tall chimney and fell inside the 15-metre structure. Luckily for the bird, residents of the Marcinowice village saw the situation and called fire service for help.

The accident happened on Sunday afternoon. The stork was circling around the 15-metre chimney of the local heating plant for some time, only to sit at its top. Local residents were watching the bird as it flew, and all of a sudden they lost track of the animal. It turned out that the stork fell into the chimney.

"We removed some soot and took the stork out"

"We received a call and rushed to the scene. First thing we did was to climb up the chimney on a ladder, shined light inside to check if the bird was inside. We unscrewed the hatch, removed some soot and took the stork out," Kamil Szerszeń from Marcinowice Voluntary Fire Service said.

The bird spent more than half an hour inside. A swift reaction by the people and then the firefighters helped the stork to come out of this accident virtually unharmed.

"He was quite dirty when we took him out and seemed unhappy. But after taking a couple of breaths, he stood next to our vehicle for a moment and flew away all fine," Szerszeń added.

Apart from one fire service unit from Marcinowice, also one from Świdnica arrived to help the stork.

Autor:gf

Źródło: TVN24 News in English, TVN24 Wrocław

Źródło zdjęcia głównego: OSP Marcinowice

Pozostałe wiadomości